We're just about finished. For your final blog assignment, I'd like you to prepare for the test over A Raisin in the Sun and I'd like you to ask any questions about your project to help one another out.
I've extended the date by two days so you have time to post THREE times.
Here's the assignment:
- Ask a question about or discuss something from A Raisin in the Sun. You may use the study questions I gave you as a guide.
- Ask a question about or discuss your final project. Help one another out.
- Post at least one question and two comments. You may respond to this post or create your own.
Enjoy the end of the quarter!
Ms. Thompson
87 comments:
What do you think Ruth will do with the baby? Do you think she will have the abortion? I personally don't think she will. I think something else will happen and it will allow her to keep the baby. I hope she does. I have another question. What do you think will happen with Walter? He lost all that money what do you think he will do now?
What was the name of the guy that took Walter and Bobo's money? For our final project, what do we put in our introduction. I agree with hbunk 92. I think that Ruth will keep the baby because they are moving into a bigger house. I think Walter will be very upset but will find another way to "get rich quick".
My question is what is the point of focusing on Mama's plant?
To answer hbunk92's question,I think that Walter will try to find a better job and find a better way to provide for his family. He will probably try to open his business again. For the final project: how long are the long documents supposed to be?
I agree with Tara.. What's up with Mama's plant?
I think Ruth will keep the Baby, and Walter will get shot and travis will be his beloved bus driver when he is older. Just kidding.. But I think Ruth will keep the baby. Walter will find a way to earn back the money! Cheese Puffs...
Do you think the Younger family will be treated equal or will they be discriminated against in their new neighborhood? I think they will be discriminated against, since the neighborhood they are moving into is an all White neighborhood. I think they will be asked to leave. When citing our sources for our final project should we use MLA or APA style?
What is Beneatha going to do? Will she fulfill her dreams and go to Africa and become a doctor, or will she dump him and help Travis become a bus driver? Cheese Puffs....
Oh how come the family doesn't have a dog??
Because Travis is allergic.. Dang.
MOnkeyPOx
I wonder if Ruth can make some mean Banana Bread?
The guy that took Walter and Bobo's money was Willy Harris. I agree with t_star 5. I think that Walter will try to open his own business. He will try to open a liquor store.
I think ruth will keep the baby! Because it says at the end that she would do whatever she had to with her baby on her back!
`shelbie humphreys pd.4`
For the final project what has to be in the intro?? Ya i agree with tara! Im am not really sure what the plant symbolizes!!
What do you think will happen to the family in the new neighborhood they are moving into? Do you think they will break into the house or burn a cross on their yard or something like that?
I agree with Shelbie. I think she will keep the baby and didn't she say earlier in the story that she was gonna keep it? Well like not like "I'm keeping the baby" but like giving hints that she was gonna keep it??
I think the reason shes making us focus on the plant is because it wouldn't have been put in the story if it didnt have like a role to play in the story.
i think the the reason why they dont want to leave the plant and why they care so much for it is because it represents them as a family and they want to keep it as strong as they could possibly be.
i wonder if benetha is going to go to africa and become a doctor there even though their family isnt very excited about it ?!!?
overall i think everyone lost and gain something in the story but thats what makes it challenging to see who can move on and who cant. i also dont know how long are each paper in the project suppose to be! help?!
What do you guys think will happen to the baby if Ruth doesn't have the abortion? Will the family move into that white neighborhood or try to buy a different house? What will they do about the lost money? To reply to hbunk92's question about Ruth and the baby. I really, really hope that Ruth doesn't have an abortion. It's just my opinion but i think it is way, way sad when people have abortions. That baby is living, i know people have financial problems sometimes and can't take care of them. But, there are many people who would love to adopt that child. The child shouldn't be punished for trying to live. But that is just me. Anyway, I think Ruth will find a way to avoid the abortion. I really hope she does.
Brenton-Haha what in the world are you talking about? where does it say that Travis wants to become a bus driver? Also, what do cheese puffs, MoNkEy pox, and banana bread have to do with anything?...
Do you guys think that Walter will find another way that will get him a ton of money fast? Do you think Beneatha will fulfill her dreams of becoming a doctor? Or, will she marry that african guy?
Tara and Brenton- I think the plant signifies Mama's hopes and dreams. Actually, everyone in the story's hopes and dreams. You know how she is just keeping it alive? Also, how the author keeps bringing it up at random points in the story? I think because she keeps hoping that it will survive another winter, or hardship that it goes through. This is much like the hope for her family; that they will keep on trying no matter how distant their hopes and dreams are from their reach. She is hoping they will realize that if they just stick together, work together, as a family, they can make it through any winter; no matter how hard the wind blows. The plant is her family that she loves and cares about.
Sorry you guys...I posted too many times again...(.^_^.) sorry...
Why is the flower important to the story?
-ALEX SCHAAF PD. 4
I think that Ruth will keep the baby because she thinks the family can handle it. They have been through tougher things and she thinks the family can take care of another child if they all work together.
-ALEX SCHAAF PD. 4
I think the plant represents the families overall relationship and the way they all feel about eachother. They have their bad days, but overall they love eachother.
-ALEX SCHAAF PD. 4
Hey everyone. In the intro for the final project you just need to write two or three paragraphs about your character and their american dream. I hope that helps
What does the title have to do with the story?
Lexi Buker
period:5
To answer jonathan's question i deffinately think that the Younger family will be discriminated against. Back in this time blacks were seen as criminals and not trustable. If they move into an all white neighborhood the whites may feel threatened and scared.
Do you think Beneatha will move to Africa and get married or will she stay with her family that is having such a hard time making it?
I think it would be kind of rude to leave her family after everthing they have done for her.
I think the Younger family made a good choice by deciding to move into the house in Clybourne Park. Do we have to put our project papers in a binder or can we just staple them together?
I think that the younger family will get discrimanated against when they move into to the new house. The white nieghbors dont want them there and will probably do mean things to try and make them want to leave.
Do you think that Beneatha will become a doctor?
For the project can you just make the bus tickets, plane tickets etc. on the computer, or does it have to be all fancy and colorful and stuff?
WOW ok i forgot my password! I will figure it out on the next comment
Shelbe Ruprecht period 4
I think I found out my password?
I did:)
OK and to samantha azpilcueta 4th period
the project pages have to be one page each double spaced right?
and I think that the plant is like the dads spirit?
It's like he is there all the time and Mama takes care of IT like it's HIM because she loves it.
To Conner's question:
I think she will. She is probably going to go to Africa after she does and be a doctor there? Maybe I'm not sure I just think she will go be with that guy with the strange name in AFRICA!!
what was the whole point of this story the hole thing was it just made no sents at all
nick hurzeler
I think Ruth will keep the baby and I think Walter will get a couple of jobs so that they'll still be able to live in the house.
And I really agree with everyone who has asked about Mamas plant. What is the point with focusing on it for?
Krysta Church
Why didn't the younger family just take the money from Linder and buy a different house? I know that they have pride or whatever, but wouldn't it be smarter?
Maybe... they just wanted to show the world that they didn't have to be in a black enviornment, and they were trying to prove something. What are we supposed to put in our introduction of our final project?
well i'm responding to hbunk92 I also think that Ruth will keep the baby cause Walter and her relationship seem's alittle better now,and plus she really doesn't want to get rid of it so she will keep the baby.
i'm answering tess's question about what we are supposed to put in our introduction.We are supposed to put the general statement about the theme and then further the explanation of the theme then the last part is to us the book to speak about it in the intro.
what do you think will happen to Walter's family now that they didn't except Linder's agreement and decided to move into the white neighborhood? Will they fight with them,or maybe get along with them?
I'm answering to Tara's question about mama's plant.I think the importance of the plant is that she has had it for so long sence their father was alive and it still hasn't died on her yet,so the plant hasn't gave up on her yet.Like it's been through alot with mama in her life for a long time,that's my thought on the plant.
This is for Scott and anyone else who had a questionon the intro for the project. In the introduction for the final project all you have to do is write a couple paragraphs about your person and their american dream.
To anwser Kennedi's question about Beneatha I think she will stay with her family, but no one really knows the play doesn't tell us about that. I do however think she would eventually get married and move but I don't think she will right now. I think she wants to be with her family and this will probably be the first time she has her own room so she might not want ot give that up so soon.
Why has Beneatha lost a hold on her dream? Why does she no longer care about making the world a better place? And for our essay do we have to do an introduction? If so what do we put in it???
- Kristian Kaae 7th period
Did money in this story affect all of the characters? who and why? Also who did it affect the most?
- Kristian Kaae 7th period
why did beneatha say that she had lost a hold on her dream?
why did beneatha say that she had lost a hold on her dream?
Zach Zdunich
pd: 7th
i think that ruth will keep the baby because her and walters relationship is better then it was before.
Zach Zdunich
pd:7th
For our final project what exactly do we do for the introduction? What is the point of paying attention to mamas plant?
Do you think Walter will own his own business? Do you think he will succeed?
Do you think beneatha will move to africa and marry asagai? Do you think this will make it easier for her to become a doctor?
About the final project, if we have their original birth certificate, do you use that, or do we make one?
and in reply to hbunk92, i do think she'll keep the baby, i really think Walter has come to realize, and mature a lot through out the story, so i think he'll encourage her to keep it.
Mama's plant shows basically the actions and what happens to the actions in the real story
nathan shutt
6th period
Mama's plant shows basically the actions and what happens to the actions in the real story
nathan shutt
6th period
I think that mr. lindner is racist.
nathan shutt
5th period
Replying to Zach:
Because she doesn't believe it will cure man-kind. She wanted to be a doctor so that she can cure.
But she kind of lost all that hope.
I agree with Lexi.
what does the title of the story have to do with what happens in the story??
I think ruth will keep the baby and Willy Harris took the money
The title reforms to the family's dreams. Walter's dream is to become rich or wealthy,but he isn't getting really any closer to that dream. So it is like a rasin stuck sitting in the sun.
I don't really think Beneatha will marry Asagai, but I think she should. It could really help her in life. Finally live on her own and not be dependent of her family.
Hey what do you guys think about the last part of Raisin in the sun? And I agree with Lexi B. on how the title deals with the story.
Emily Talbot pd8
So does everybody know the project is due Monday for A day people and Tuesday for B day people. Just getting everything cleared for everybody.
Emily Talbot pd8
I think the play was pretty good. I liked how Mama was firm on things I thought. What does everybody think about Asagai and Beneatha being together?
Emily Talbot pd8
I think walter is a strong man and will eventually come up with another way to Make good Money but it would also be a job that can help him be with his family when he need's to. I hope he ends up telling Ruth that he wants to keep the Baby.
Laticia Romero
What Do you think Benetha will end up doing ?? personally I think she will end up leaving with Asagi and be his wife even though her mother says she is too young. I think Benetha will end up making a wonderful family for herself and the one of the reasons her mom don't want her to go is because she don't want her to be that far from her.
Laticia Romero
why do you think that mama gave walter the rest of the money? I think she did to see if he would step up to the plate and become a man.
Zach Brannon
Period 4
to answer Brenton about Mama's plant i think it represents the family relationship and how it has grown in the story
My question is how come the family did not take Linders offer? I mean they could of got more money which they need, and buy a better house.
To answer Erin on if Ruth will keep the baby is I think she will because they are getting a new house and have more room to fit the baby.
To answer Brentons question is yes, Ruth does make some mean banana bread.
What was the main turning point in Walter becoming a man?
I really think the turning point was part of it was mama and beneatha saying that it was very disgraceful and ashameful getting down on your knees and pleading to a white man to buy your house cause you need the money. and Ruth also said, "you're no brother of mine." But i'm not really sure if that's really it.
I really think the turning point was part of it was mama and beneatha saying that it was very disgraceful and ashameful getting down on your knees and pleading to a white man to buy your house cause you need the money. and Ruth also said, "you're no brother of mine." But i'm not really sure if that's really it.
why did beneatha say that she had lost a hold on her dream?
when is the project due?
jkndsjklcdbjksndsJKA;ndfsuiscjiabsdfnkanjkevfgbjher3478yjklfb78
what did mama's plant represent?
what does mama's plant represent?
what are we learning from doing the final Projects?
what are we learning from doing the final Projects?
what are we learning from doing the final Projects?
i think Ruth will keep the baby. i dont think she will give it up since they are moving into a bigger house. but i wonder if its a boy or a girl.
Post a Comment